This picture captures our love for eachother in such an amazing way!!
im 18 years old and have been dealing with panic and anxiety for the past 5 months. it is one of the hardest obstacles that I have to try and overcome. I just graduated high school and have been waiting for this forever. all I want to do is go hang out with my friends, drive around, eat, listen to music with ease again. I know I am lucky and that it could be much worse, but I feel like this will never end. I start to get dizzy and notice my breath becomes quick and shallow and I start to feel shaky. sometimes I feel this sudden rush like im going to pass out. any time I eat, I feel like im going to get sick. I don’t want people to start judging me and calling me anorexic because I physically cant eat. I wish people would understand the pain im going through. everyday I have a terrible headache, like im wearing a tight headband all the time. I need my friends and family to understand that I need them to be patient with me. I may be forgetful , I may get angered very easily and I may have a panic attack. just let me walk away and breathe. let the attack pass before you try to comfort me, or everything just become worse.. I just wish I had the old me back, before all this started happening..
1. Anxiety can be in your thoughts.
2. Anxiety is in your DNA.
3. An anxiety symptom can be anything your body or mind can generate.
3. The fear of death is closely tied to most forms of anxiety.
4. There isn’t always a deep seeded reason for having an anxiety disorder.
5. Anxiety disorders do not make you crazy.
6. People that don’t have anxiety disorders don’t understand people with anxiety disorders.
7. Antidepressants work for some people.
8. Antidepressants don’t work for some people.
9. Speaking to a therapist is always worth a shot.
10. You shouldn’t pester your “safe” person too much because their reassurances will become less believable.
11. Most anxiety is centered around the heart and your deep sense of worry.
12. There is no cure for anxiety because it’s an intricate part of what you are.
13. You can learn to manage anxiety.
14. Supplements and vitamins meant to treat anxiety are not all bad.
15. Supplements and vitamins meant to treat anxiety are not all good.
16. Anxiety lies a lot.
17. Anxiety makes you feel alone, afraid, shocked, worried, angry, frustrated, depressed… basically everything.
18. Medical science doesn’t know what causes anxiety disorders exactly. Chemical imbalance, environment, and heredity, are a few of the suspected culprits.
19. People are ashamed to have anxiety disorders or any mental ailment for that matter.
20. Anxiety sufferers want to pull themselves together but they can’t.
21. Anxiety disorders make you self centered.
22. Anxiety makes you sensitive to absolutely everything.
23. When panic strikes no one can make you feel better for at least 10 minutes.
24. Having an anxiety disorder makes you want to find information about anxiety.
25. Your vision will play tricks on you.
26. You will become forgetful.
27. Your muscles will twitch for no reason.
28. You will get heartburn, acid reflux, or other stomach problems including diarrhea.
29. You will want to go pee, a lot.
30. You will want to avoid crowds.
31. You will go into crowds feeling good and leave them feeling bad.
32. You will cry for no reason.
33. You may shake and tremble.
34. Dizziness will make you want to puke or fall.
35. Your heart will beat fast sometimes and you will think you’re having a heart attack.
36. People will give you bad advice.
37. People will give you excellence advice that you will ignore.
38. Doctors will often brush you off.
39. Your friends and family may eventually brush off your anxiety and ask you to “stop it.”
40. Your muscles will ache.
41. You will think that you are the only one that feels like you do.
42. Daydreaming will become a hobby.
43. You will think you’re choking on things when you’re not.
44. You will crave sweets.
45. Random numbness and tingling will happen.
46. You will often think that death is imminent.
47. Headaches will be frequent and make you feel like your wearing a very tight headband.
48. You will visit the ER and be sent home after a quick check up at least three times a year.
49. Sometimes you will swear that you can’t breath even though you can still talk.
50. You will have disturbing thoughts.
51. Disturbing thoughts will piss you off because you know you won’t do what you’re thinking, but you won’t be able stop thinking ‘crazy’ stuff.
52. Most forms of travel will seem way too dangerous.
53. You will want to take vacations frequently.
54. Going to work while anxious will suck.
55. You will generally not tell other people that you have an anxiety problem.
56. Eating out will not be fun.
57. Criticism will hurt, a lot.
58. Acceptance is a good anxiety remedy that no one really talks about.
59. There isn’t enough research into anxiety disorders or new treatments.
60. Many people have an anxiety disorder and don’t know it.
61. Many people will never seek treatment because they’re embarrassed.
62. You can be happy and have an anxiety disorder.
63. Your self-confidence will take a nose dive sometimes.
64. Being alone will feel good most of the time.
65. You will learn tons of ways to treat anxiety and follow almost none of the tips you learn.
66. You will surf the internet to find information about anxiety symptoms then get scared about what you read.
67. Reading about other peoples anxiety will be interesting.
68. Paranoia might happen. Paranoia about getting sick or poisoned could happen.
69. You will almost always think that something is or will be wrong with you medically.
70. You will become anxious for no reason sometimes.
71. Panic attacks are short lived but live long in the mind.
72. Adrenaline will become your worst enemy.
73. There are no cool t.v. programs about anxiety disorders – except Monk but it got cancelled.
74. It will be hard to love other people sometimes.
75. Apathy will happen.
76. Depression will happen.
77. Thoughts of suicide might happen and when it does you will go get help!
78. You will not want to ride roller coasters.
79. Hot and cold flashes don’t mean anything but you might get them.
80. Drinking alcohol will help you or really hurt you (the latter is more likely).
81. You will have days with no anxiety.
82. You will have several days in a row filled with anxiety.
83. You will worry about things that don’t matter.
84. You will suffer from primitive fear from time to time.
85. You can do a lot to help yourself.
86. You will need the help of others to help yourself.
87. Feelings of unreality or the perception that everything is fake might happen.
88. Most books about anxiety disorders suck.
89. Having an anxiety disorder can strain relationships.
90. You will often wish that you could just be the ‘old you.’
91. You will sometimes wonder why this is happening to you.
92. Shyness will happen.
93. Illegal drugs are bad for anxiety in the long run.
94. People who don’t suffer from anxiety don’t talk about anxiety.
95. People that have anxiety talk about it too much.
96. It doesn’t matter why you have anxiety the important thing is learning to manage it so you can live well.
97. Abraham Lincoln suffered from anxiety and depression.
98. You will forget to work on your anxiety.
99. Talking to other people with anxiety problems can be helpful.
100. You should never give up hope.
so ive officially given up on everything…
why you ask?
because im done caring about people who don’t care about me. I spend way to much time making sure everyone else is happy so I drive myself insane because I never have time to make sure that im still happy. and im done with feeling alone and unwanted every single day. that’s why.
were too young for this. it sucks falling for someone, getting attached, getting used to them “always” being there. the pain of heartbreak is more overwhelming than the feeling of “love” itself. its fun when everything is all good, but once it all turns to shit… it was never even fucking worth it.
im so afraid that if I say the wrong thing, or make the wrong move, you’ll just leave. you’ll say “fuck this” and walk out of my life. no warning. no explanation. just the memory of you.
there is no point in dwelling on the past. whats done is done. there is nothing that you can do to change what has already happened. I mean, yeah, it hurts. and sometimes we’d give anything to have things back to the way they used to be.. but sometimes, I guess its easier to walk on by and not look back
have you ever had one of those days where you hate the world? and anything that happens, even dropping a pen, makes you wanna cry….
Fake a smile. Don’t let them know your hurting. They don’t care anyways.
im not even upset, hurt, or angry anymore. im just tired. Im tired of putting in more effort than I receive. im tired of holding on for nothing. im tired of believing all your lies. im tired of you proving me wrong every time. Im tired of getting my hopes up and being disappointed again.
the worst type of crying is the silent one. the one when everyone is asleep. the one where you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become so blurry from the tears. the one where you just want to scream. the one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet. the one where you cant breath anymore. the one when your realize the person that meant the most to you, is gone.